Planning to decorate your small office space at home? Having trouble finding suitable decorating ideas at less cost? With the challenging economic environment that we have lately, some of us have trouble refurbishing and decorating our small office spaces at least costs.
You should not worry on how to save on decorating costs because there are numerous options available for you. If you know what you want and you have creative skills, you can decorate your office space like a professional interior designer.
Having a small office space has its own disadvantages and advantages, but with your creative prowess and skills, you can transform the small space with flair. Always bear in mind that the primary motive in decorating a small office space is to maximize the use of the area and to create an illusion of wideness.
If you lack ideas and skills in decorating small offices, read this article and follow the tips mentioned below. Before you start your task, you should first assess what you want to achieve for your office.
Things to consider in decorating small office space:
- Budget - Like any other projects and tasks, money is needed to make things possible. You need funds to purchase items and to pay the salary of professional interior decorator if you hire one.
- Walls - If you to create an illusion of wideness, you should choose neutral color for your walls and use lighter shade for decorative borders. You should also select lighter shade of paints, like beige, lemon, tan, off-white and light green for your walls. Make sure that the shade you select complements with your existing furniture pieces and decorate items. If you want to look the room smaller, choose darker shades of paint. If you do not know how to mix and match shades of paint, you can use the color wheel.
- Furniture pieces - Before you remove or purchase anything from your office, you should first make an inventory of all the furniture pieces you have. List all items that need repair, those that should be remove and those that you need to buy. You do not need to splurge on buying furniture items, if you have old furniture pieces in your storage area, reuse them to save on cost. When buying furniture, opt for desks with cubbies and shelves which you can use for additional storage space. Avoid buying items just because you like them or they are on sale, make sure to select those that complement with your existing office furnishings. If you have limited budget, you can buy items at auctions, garage sales or directly from manufacturers. Make sure to keep the furniture pieces away from the door to give an impression of space.
- Lighting - To give the room an illusion of space, make use of the big window to let in the sunlight. Avoid using dim lighting, floor lamp and lamp stand for the room. Avoid placing your computer set facing the window to glare in the computer screen.
- Decorative accessories - You can place bulletin board, potted plants and vase of flowers.
Always remember to decorate your office the best possible way you can to ensure that you have a conducive working environment because it affects your concentration and quality of work.